Last updated on February 9, 2023
WNS (the expression means and includes WNS (Holdings) Limited and its subsidiaries) (“We”, ‘Our’) operates wns.com (the “Website”). We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. We advise you to carefully read this Privacy Notice (“Notice”), so that you are aware of how, where and why we are using your personal data.
This Notice sets out the way in which we process your information when you use our Website or other WNS digital platforms in accordance with the applicable data protection laws.
This Notice applies to individuals visiting our Website or other WNS digital platforms. The Notice applies only to the information we collect through our Website, e-mail, text and other electronic communication received through or in connection with our Website or other WNS digital platforms.
INFORMATION WE MAY PROCESS ("Personal Data")
We may collect your personal data including your E-mail ID, demographic information including country, postcode, first name/last name, job title, mobile number, social media profile, preferences, interests. We may also capture additional personal data in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use on our Website including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature usage metrics and statistics, usage history, MAC Address, mobile unique device ID and other similar information. While some of this data is captured directly from you, for example, by way of web forms and web log servers, others can be captured indirectly from third parties, for example, tracing organization details, preferences and interests on the basis of IP address and browsing history, respectively.
MEANS OF PROCESSING DATA
- Web forms
- Newsletter sign-ups
- Registration for an event/activity
- Information request mechanism
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers with small amount of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the Website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Please note, a cookie in no way gives us access to your computer. Our Website uses these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Service. You can accept the cookies to be placed on your browser by clicking on the Allow Cookies or I Agree button. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. Further details on cookies are available as a part of our website cookie notice.
If you select Allow Cookies or I Agree as mentioned above, at any time you also have the option to change/control your cookies through your browser settings. For instructions on changing your browser settings, select browser:
GROUNDS FOR LAWFUL PROCESSING OF Personal DATA
When we process your personal data, we do so primarily in connection with marketing, sale and promotion of services which we provide or which are procured using our services and to improve and enhance the range of those services and offerings. To the extent applicable, and as permitted under applicable law, we may also process your personal data in connection with recruitment, job applications, general human resource management, training and professional development, compliance with legal requirements. We may process your personal data in the following circumstances:
- When we process cookies, with your explicit consent; or
- When we process your personal data for communication, sales and marketing, registration and subscriptions purposes, where processing is necessary for the purpose of pursuing our legitimate interests
USE OF Personal DATA
When we process your personal data for communication, sales and marketing, registration and subscriptions purposes, where processing is necessary for the purpose of pursuing our legitimate interests
- Communication: We may use your information to administer and provide services you request or have expressed an interest in, to communicate with you in case of customer support, to process transactions, for sending newsletters, updates and promotional materials, for seeking your opinion and feedback and personalize and/or tailor any communications that we may send you.
- Advertising: We may use your information to carry out advertising and market research based on behavioral metrics, geo-location data, demographic data and marketing preferences we capture. We may permit certain third-party companies to help us tailor advertising based on use.
- Activity Tracking: We may use your information to track your activity on our digital platforms and personalize and improve your experience. This can be used to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences or for profiling purposes to enable us to personalize and/or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us.
- Optimization: We may use your information to operate, improve and maintain our site, to prevent fraud and abuse.
- Information Sharing: Information Sharing: We may use and share your information with third parties with whom we have contractual relationships. For example, we may provide you with a link where you may share your content with another person.
TRANSEFRRING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
As a global business, we may transfer your personal data to servers, entities and partners located outside EEA or other trusted third parties based in other countries so that they may process personal data on our behalf. By using our Website or otherwise providing us with your personal data, you agree to us doing so in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice and applicable data protection laws and regulations. To ensure that your personal data does receive an adequate level of protection when transferred outside EEA, we have executed Intercompany Transfer Agreements containing standard contractual clauses in accordance with the EU and data protection laws. We may also transfer your data to third-party service providers and web analytics tool providers, such as Google Analytics, Double Click Cookies, Lead Forensics, Oracle Services, and Domo Services. Details regarding them can be accessed by clicking Google Analytics, Double Click Cookies, Lead Forensics, Oracle Services, and Domo Services. WNS may permit certain third-party companies to help WNS tailor the advertising that it thinks may be of interest to you, based on your use of our Website.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using our Website. The services are not intended for users under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect any personal data from children under 16 or market to or solicit information from anyone under the age of 16. If we become aware that a person submitting personal data is under 16, we will delete all the information as soon as possible unless it is with the consent and involvement of a parent or guardian. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SECURITY: HOW SECURE IS YOUR INFORMATION WITH US?
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, procedural and managerial procedures to safeguard your information against loss, unauthorized access, misuse or modification. We require any third parties processing your information to do the implement the same levels of protection with respect to your data. We strive to use commercially acceptable means for protecting your information.
For California, Colorado and Virginia Residents
California, Colorado and Virginia Privacy Rights
CHANGES TO THE NOTICE
This notice is effective as of 24 May 2018. We reserve the right to update or change this notice at any time, and we will provide you with the updated notice when we make any substantial updates at the earliest either through email or by providing a prominent notice of change on the Website. You should check the notice periodically. Your continued use of the Website after we post any modifications to the notice on this page will constitute your acknowledgment of the modifications and your consent to abide and be bound by the modified notice.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND WHO TO CONTACT
We will respect your legal rights in relation to your data. Following are the rights GDPR grants individuals, and WNS is committed to protecting them and ensuring compliance:
- Right to be informed
- Right to access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- Right to withdraw consent
In case you have any questions, comments or concerns about this notice/policy or wish to exercise any of the above-mentioned rights, you can contact email@example.com
Data Protection Officer